Saturday, April 11, 2009

Urgent Need for Masonic Assistance for Mena, Arkansas

I was alerted by Chris Hodapp's blog, Freemasons for Dummies, to the fact that the tornado survivors of Mena, Arkansas are receiving assistance through the Shrine temple in Little Rock. Using the telephone number on Chris's post, I called the Shrine, and spoke to the Scimitar Shrine Potentate, who said that they were in need of non-perishable food items, toiletries, and water. These items may be sent by mail or delivery service directly to this address:

SCIMITAR SHRINE
1 SCIMITAR CIR
LITTLE ROCK AR 72209-3732

I urge all readers of this blog to send supplies to the Scimitar Shrine, and to inform their lodges of this opportunity for service as well--along with the address!

The brothers of the Scimitar Shrine are to be commended for their service to the citizens of Mena. It's not everyone who would be answering the phone at their fraternal organization's building at 6:15 on a Saturday night, collecting supplies for the needy, telling me that they'll be there for the next hour or two if I wished to come by and drop off supplies. (They forgave me for not dropping in tonight, once I explained that I was calling from New York City.) Another star in each of your crowns, brethren, and more power to you.


(Thanks to the online newspaper, the Daily Contributor, for their photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the rules: No profanity, and no personal attacks, especially on someone who has posted a Comment.